POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista : Re: Complains about Vista Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complains about Vista
From: scott
Date: 1 Jul 2008 03:30:20
Message: <4869dd0c$1@news.povray.org>
> Ie, it's too slow, it uses too much memory, the graphics are pretty but
> slow your machine down way too much,

And yet, if MS released a much lighter OS than ran perfectly fast on
everyones machine, you'd have some people immediately complaining that it
didn't make enough use of their hardware now, let alone in 5 years time.

> Personally, I think that 5 years from now, we'll see people complaining
> just as much about how Windows Next isn't nearly as good as Vista, and how
> MS is the devil because they want us to switch again away from our sleek,
> efficient and beautiful OS to a bloated, slow and incompatible new
> version.

Of course.  With a product that is used by so many people, of course there
are going to be a lot of people complaining, no matter what MS does.  The
funny thing is, if you ask the complainers what they think MS should do
instead, they never can come up with any idea that will actually make MS
much money.  They often say something like "they should just concentrate on
making XP better" (ermm, isn't that called Vista?) or "they should just give
up writing software" (and sack everyone?).