POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista : Re: Complains about Vista Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complains about Vista
From: Slime
Date: 1 Jul 2008 00:16:41
Message: <4869afa9$1@news.povray.org>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/06/30/come-back-xp-forgiven
>
> Is it just me, or are all these complaints about Vista the exact same
> things we heard about XP when moving from Win2k?

I was wondering that too, but I think the problems are more widespread and
more "real". It seemed to me that the xp complaints came mostly from
experienced users who were upset about losing features, having it break with
old hardware, being slower, etc. Vista, however, seems to have problems even
on new computers that come with it installed. My mom bought a laptop with
Vista and has had to run system restore many times, and says it locks up
frequently, plus other major problems. It sounds completely unuseable to me.
That's only one case out of many, but I think there are deeper problems here
than there were with XP.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]