POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista : Complains about Vista Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Complains about Vista
From: Chambers
Date: 30 Jun 2008 22:46:15
Message: <48699a77$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/06/30/come-back-xp-forgiven

Is it just me, or are all these complaints about Vista the exact same
things we heard about XP when moving from Win2k?

Ie, it's too slow, it uses too much memory, the graphics are pretty but
slow your machine down way too much, it has features under the hood that
noone notices, my peripherals don't work with it, etc.

Yet now, people love XP, and have written off Vista.

Personally, I think that 5 years from now, we'll see people complaining
just as much about how Windows Next isn't nearly as good as Vista, and
how MS is the devil because they want us to switch again away from our
sleek, efficient and beautiful OS to a bloated, slow and incompatible
new version.

...Chambers