POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question about English grammar : Re: Question about English grammar Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about English grammar
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Jun 2008 16:38:44
Message: <48694454@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:17:31 -0700, Darren New wrote:
>
>> Good -> "This is not something I'll put up with."
>
> I wouldn't put up with this. ;-)

Of course you can rephrase any sentence. "This is not something up with
which I shall put!"  I was giving an example where leaving the
preposition off the end of the sentence changes its meaning, not
implying that you couldn't get around the problem.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: