POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : mean : Re: mean Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:12:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mean
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 30 Jun 2008 16:05:45
Message: <48693c99@news.povray.org>
news:48691acf@news.povray.org...

> I'm not sure what TES is.

The Elder Scrolls. Series of RPGs from Bethesda. The earlier ones were
notoriously buggy, but they've got better.

Of the to I've played - Morrowind and Oblivion, I prefered Morrowind. The
story in Oblivions didn't feel quite as compelling and I was getting quite
tired of it towards the end.

> I'm into anything with a good story, from Myst
> to Thief to HL. Otherwise, just slaying horsed of monsters doesn't hold
> my attention.

You may enjoy the Elder Scrolls series. You should be able to pick up
Morrowind cheapish. Be warned, the game world is huge and it's very open.
Once you get through the character creation, you can go anywhere and do
anything. It's easy to get in over your head and it's easy to get confused
as to where to go and what to do.

Oblivion's much the same, but the game world is a little smaller (not much).
If you decide to play Oblivion, there's a few mods that I consider
near-essential for a fun game. Bethesda made some odd decisions about how
things work by default.