POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : mean : Re: mean Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mean
From: Warp
Date: 30 Jun 2008 15:35:50
Message: <48693596@news.povray.org>
> I haven't bought this since there was no demo and the specs on the box
> made it sound like my machine wouldn't run it, but now I see a PC demo
> level out there, so I'll give it a try.

> >   I'm currently playing Rainbow Six: Vegas.

> Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the heads up! I'll check it out.

  Note that it has relatively high specs. Shader v3 or higher required.

  (IMO it doesn't look all that great compared to shader v2 games, such
as the HL2 episodes. Sometimes I feel that nowadays many game companies
just use shader v3 because they can, not because it would improve the
image quality significantly...)

--
                                                          - Warp