POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : mean : Re: mean Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mean
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Jun 2008 13:39:43
Message: <48691a5f@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:
> that new areas you might not even have realised existed become
> accessible when you gain extra abilities,

That was one of the things I liked about Thief. The harder levels
weren't "people are harder to hurt" or "health is less healing". The
harder levels were almost different games, with different/additional
goals and access to different places.

I remember looking for the hard loot on the easy setting in the zombie
crypts one time (having played the game through several times and now
just wanting to basically look something up), wandering around for about
half an hour before I realized it Wasn't There. (Thief levels are big
enough and complex enough that it's not always obvious you've gotten
where you think you have, even after having played a number of times.)

Not unlike how Deus Ex gives you at least two ways to solve every problem.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: