POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My first nomogram : Re: My first nomogram Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first nomogram
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 30 Jun 2008 10:37:23
Message: <4868efa3@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   No, I don't know anything about nomograms and little about postscript,
> but the post seemed so trivial that I asked why it should be of any
> interest. Is there something there I'm not seeing?

Drawing some lines and a few numbers on a sheet of paper *looks* pretty
easy. However, you try making it so that when you draw the lines, you
actually get the *right* answer.

This is more difficult than it sounds...

Sure, the result might just be a few numbers on a page, but it took me
ages to get it to produce the correct answers. (Do you know the
mathematical properties of similar triangles? I had to look them up...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/