POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Wire View : Re: Wire View Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:32:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wire View
From: Chris B
Date: 30 Jun 2008 05:28:24
Message: <4868a738$1@news.povray.org>
"Gyscos" <gys### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> Well I was'nt fully satisfied with the tutorial, since the wire were too
> thin

You may be interested to take a look at a couple of the submissions on the
Object Collection at http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index.php -
Search for 'Grid' and select 'Partial word search '.

The GridLines texture uses an approach similar to the texture tutorial you
mentioned.
The ShapeGrid macros give you objects similar to the one you've defined, but
for a range of different shapes. You can use these objects as you have done
in a CSG operation, or you can use them as textures by using the object
pattern. Both techniques are illustrated.

The trace function has already been discussed. I just wanted to add that you
can often circumvent the problem of concave indentations by moving the point
from which the trace starts as the scan progresses. Effectively creating a
scan path through the object. Clearly this requires some prior knowledge of
the shape, but it can then cope with far more complex scans.

Regards,
Chris B.