POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Demos : Re: Demos Server Time
10 Oct 2024 08:03:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Demos
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Jun 2008 23:57:47
Message: <486859bb$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I have a CD collection called "Synthesizer greats", and it has 3 Jarre
> compositions (Oxygene, Magnetic Fields and Fourth Rendezvouz).

Very cool. Then you know what I'm talking about.  I myself have AFAIK
every Jarre album.  In there is Pink Floyd and Vangelis, ELO, Moody
Blues. I think those are my favorite bands.

I recently found out an artist I really like (Isao Tomita) who stopped
making stuff 20 years ago didn't stop after all. They just stopped
exporting it from Japan to America. Love the internet, there. :-)

The other album that's about Jarre's closest to goa would be the zoolook
album.

<http://www.amazon.com/Zoolook-Jean-Michel-Jarre/dp/B000001ZS8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1214798111&sr=8-1#moreAboutThisProduct>

In particular, the Zoolookologie and Zoolook tracks. Which is actually
useful advice, now that you can buy this stuff one track at a time. :-)

>   They are cool. Other great compositions in that collection, IMO,
> include Crockett's theme and Miami Vice theme by Hammer, Theme from
> "Rainman" by Zimmer, and Blade Runner by Vangelis.

Yeah, all very fun.

>   Of course there are many others too, such as Chariots of Fire by
> Vangelis, which is great, but has been (ab)used so much everywhere
> that it has become a bit tired... :)

Vangelis does great theme music, but he also has a few klunkers. Of
course, he has 3x the music of everyone else I like, so having 1x
klunkers isn't much of a problem.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: