POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rounding : Re: rounding Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rounding
From: andrel
Date: 29 Jun 2008 17:58:50
Message: <486805CE.2020701@hotmail.com>
alphaQuad wrote:
> didnt read it.
read what?

> I've seen less complex functions work and not work neagtive-wise,
> depending on the sytem. handle negs, int() instead of floor() in POV should
> solve the neg issue
There is no "neg issue". People have different expectation on what e.g.
floor() should do for negative numbers. It is more or less arbitrary,
but it has to be defined. I agree that round() could be added as a
function in POV4. Preferably not as a macro. Macro's tend to be written
again and again. That is a waste of time and possibly dangerous as well
if someone implements it subtly different from somebody else.