POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My first nomogram : Re: My first nomogram Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first nomogram
From: Jim Charter
Date: 29 Jun 2008 15:34:38
Message: <4867e3ce$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>>Why do people post their POV-Ray renderings?
>

>   Maybe because this is a POV-Ray news server, and people who visit this
> server usually are interested in POV-Ray renderings?
>

>>Because they might amuse somebody...
>

>   I just can't understand what's so amusing about a PDF file which contains
> some simple numbers and lines.
>
>   Imagine I made a post like this here:
>
> ---------------------
>   Hey, I just wrote a C program which prints numbers from 1 to 100, with
> 10 numbers at each line:
>
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> int main(void)
> {
>     int i;
>     for(i = 1; i <= 100; ++i)
>     {
>         printf("%i ", i);
>         if(i % 10 == 0) printf("\n");
>     }
>     return 0;
> }
> ---------------------
>
>   Ok, so? Why would that be of any interest to anybody? Why would I want
> to make such a post? I just don't get it.

It's kinda funny. Usually I open 'offtopic' and my eyes glaze over at
the usual avalanche of postings by Orchid on topics I can't relate to.
This nomogram thing is one of the few things that Orchid has posted that
I *do* find I can relate to!  Maybe because it actually results in
something visual.

Meanwhile, I enjoy reading your posts, Warp, and one of the things you
did that *most* interested me, for all time, was a comparative series of
  simple sort algorithms expressed in SDL.