POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Golden Compass movie : Re: The Golden Compass movie Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Golden Compass movie
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Jun 2008 13:44:14
Message: <4867c9ee$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:
> Pixar's success is largely due to their ability to weave a good story
> together with good animation.

Went to see WALL-E yesterday. Delightful characters, completely original
story, incredible graphics, lots of in-jokes. I'll have to utterly
disagree in every way with John VanSickle on this one.

 > The political element is out of the Green Book of Scary Futures

I think if you wanted to read politics into it, any story that starts
with the premise of an Earth that everyone has fled from is going to
have *some* "political" content. Whether it's pollution, nuclear wars,
biological disaster, etc, there's going to be a bad-guy involved.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: