POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : mean : Re: mean Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mean
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 29 Jun 2008 12:21:48
Message: <4867b69c@news.povray.org>
news:4867b0da@news.povray.org...
> Gail Shaw <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote:
> > Do you play first person shooters? Do you enjoy them?
>
>   I'd say FPS games are a bit different in that usually there's some skill
> involved, and the thrill is in "hacking through hordes" skillfully... :)

<snip>

>   Anyways, the main element which keeps FPS games interesting is the
> skill factor.

I'd say the same about the hack-and-slash style of RPG. You just have a
variety of (mostly) melee weapons instead of a variety of guns and (often,
not always) the hack-and-slash is 3rd person, not 1st.

Believe me, if you try just hacking your way through Diable without
thinking, you have a very dead character very quickly.