POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My first nomogram : Re: My first nomogram Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first nomogram
From: Warp
Date: 29 Jun 2008 10:51:01
Message: <4867a155@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysAT@aoldotcom> wrote:
> On 29 Jun 2008 09:01:10 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

> >Stephen <mcavoysAT@aoldotcom> wrote:

> >> What are you talking about, what extremes? Putting someone on a
> >> blacklist in a newsgroup only means, you won't see his posts not that
> >> he won't be able to post.
> >
> >  I wasn't implying anything else. Read again.

> You weren't implying anything else than what?

  I wasn't implying that blacklisting someone would affect anyone else
than what I see.

  What I was implying is that blacklisting someone means that I detest
everything he writes and don't want to see anything of it. Obviously
this is not the case. Far from it. Blacklisting someone is a rather
radical measure.

> What is extreme about setting up your newsreader so that you don't see
> a person's posts, if that is what you meant?

  It might not be extreme to you, but I find it a rather extreme.
His posts are, in general, enjoyable and I have no reason to censor
them from myself. Such censorship would make absolutely no sense.
It would, indeed, be rather extreme and irrational.

> Although I'll tell you
> what I think is extreme and that is, beating someone around the head,
> metaphorically speaking, until he stops posting content you personally
> don't like. If you don't like it then don't read it.

  Again, you are implying some kind of extreme. Exactly where did I say,
imply or hint in any way that I didn't *like* the post which started this
thread? The only thing did was to say I didn't understand it, nor the
motivations behind making the post. Sure, many could (and will) interpret
that as an impolite harsh criticism (and "bullying"), but people will
always interpret everything in the worst possible way.

--
                                                          - Warp