POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My first nomogram : Re: My first nomogram Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:24:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first nomogram
From: andrel
Date: 28 Jun 2008 17:46:04
Message: <4866B151.3040602@hotmail.com>
Warp wrote:
>>>   I don't get it.
>
>> You're not missing much...
>
>> This nomogram serves no real useful purpose beyond demonstrating that I
>> managed to make a working nomogram.
>
>   What I don't get is why you posted it here, really. Is it something
> interesting, amusing, informative or in some way special?
It informs us that he is still programming in postscript. That is in a
sense amusing in itself I would say. Many people may not have heard of
nomograms or at least not recently, so it points to an interesting
concept for some of us. You may doubt the value of nomograms in the age
of computers and you are probably right in doing so, but most of the
things here have not much intrinsic value apart from amusement of the
maker and those that see or read it. I grant that it may have been
better at postscript.off-topic but p.o-t is good enough.
> What's the purpose of posting it?
And don't forget the value of the showing off of unusual and cruel skills.
> Is there anything there anyone can get something
> from? I just don't understand.

BTW did you realise the recursive value of your post? ;)