POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh what joy! : Re: Oh what joy! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh what joy!
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Jun 2008 16:06:18
Message: <486699ba$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:28:51 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Right. But if I've erased every individual block on the drive (rather
> than just, say, reinstalling Windows on it) then it won't find anything.

I must've been more tired than I thought I was (haven't been sleeping
well) - somehow I *completely* missed this.  Of course if that was easily
possible, I wouldn't be contemplating how to replace data on a drive
that's developed some bad sectors.  Out-of-band recovery is the only way
I'd be able to do that, and that is damned expensive, yes.

Jim