POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Toroidal warp : Re: Toroidal warp Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:30:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Toroidal warp
From: Warp
Date: 28 Jun 2008 05:38:59
Message: <486606b3@news.povray.org>
SharkD <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I managed to fix it. However, I would like to apply a toroidal warp to the
> "lemon" portion of torus whose minor radius is greater than its major radius. I
> am wondering how the mapping is applied in this case? Since the torus intersects
> itself, there are two possible versions of the pigment that could get applied.

  The torus warp doesn't "know" which object you are applying it to
(it doesn't really care). It always does the same thing, regardless of
which object you are using (it could be a box or a julia fractal for all
that it cares).

  Thus it probably won't do what you want if the torus is not a "pure"
torus.

--
                                                          - Warp