POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : code readability : Re: code readability Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:12:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: code readability
From: andrel
Date: 28 Jun 2008 04:42:50
Message: <4865F9C0.5040308@hotmail.com>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> "andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> news:486### [at] hotmailcom...
>
>>> My honours project at university had a line of code in it
>>>
>>> while (!hellFrozenOver) {
>>>

>> was that before or after Lordi won?
>
> Lordi?
>
> Sorry, reference to something I am not familar.

Sorry Gail, that was sort of eurocentristic. Indeed the winners of the
Eurovisionsongcontest a few years back.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6VzdtmrP6Y is the best I could find).
Finland was considered the country most unlikely to win the contest ever
before this act. Especially by the Finnish themselves. On some webpages
it was put down as an event even less likely than hell freezing over.
Some publications the day after apparently opened with 'it is official:
hell frozen over' or similar. IIRC Eero is from Finland.

Why Finland won: they couldn't so they send in a hardrock band because
that is not what the songcontest was about. The band was dressed like
monsters, again not exactly according to dress code. Very important
contribution was that the voting was not done anymore by a geriatric
jury with knowledge and taste but by SMS by mainly adolescents. And
within it's genre it was a good song of course.