POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Name that font! : Re: Name that font! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Name that font!
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Jun 2008 16:32:59
Message: <48654e7b$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:
> Thank you! It's frustrating trying to find a font. Someday there will be
> image-based search engines, where you can feed an image in and get
> results related to that image...

That's been around for a while.  I remember working on an IBM
instantiation of that a decade ago.  Just never really made it to the
public.

And of course there are things coming out where you (for example) feed
it an image and it tells you where the image was taken, by matching it
against millions of Flickr images and such.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: