POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : code readability : Re: code readability Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: code readability
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 27 Jun 2008 10:38:20
Message: <4864fb5c$1@news.povray.org>
Halbert wrote:
> How about Microsoft's engineers starting the whole Hungarian Notation
> convention with Windows programing. (like lpstrFilePath or iRecursion, etc.)
> There seems to be no set standard to it. While the intention is good,  a
> beginner may have wonder why some variables have names like lpszDemung or
> lpfnCBack.

There seems to be two standards, one which describes type: lpszString
and one that defines function (sort of): instead of iOptions, it's fOptions.

You don't know how many times I've looked at a function signature, and
seen fSomething on something that should receive bits and wondered why
the hell they want a float, only to look a bit to the left and see that
it is indeed an integer.