POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh what joy! : Re: Erasure Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:14:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Erasure
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 27 Jun 2008 09:14:20
Message: <4864e7ac$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Maybe you misunderstood, I start with paper just because it's easy to
> ignite with a match (plus it saves filling up the paper bin!).  I make a
> nice stack, starting with paper and cardboard at the bottom, then
> gradually bigger and bigger bits of wood on the stack.  Then all I need
> to do is ignite the paper at the bottom with a match for 2 seconds, and
> 5 minutes later the whole lot is always burning very well.

Ah yes, I missed the one-pile -idea, but basically all the other
arguments stay the same - certain trees have a cover that's better
igniter than paper and really dry and thin bits of wood have no problem
there either.

The point of filling paper bin is naturally true ;).

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net