POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : code readability : Re: code readability Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:12:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: code readability
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 27 Jun 2008 09:13:31
Message: <4864e77b$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
[...]

> Whereas I find the first far too spread out to be able to read easily and
> use the second as my standard code layout in C-like languages

Heh, that reminds me... Some guy actually wrote code like this:

if (DoNot == 0)
{

	DoThis = true;

} else {

	DoThis = false;

}

This was a few years back and on old university monitors, so he didn't
actually have much more than 10 commands TOTAL on screen at any given
time. How you keep an overview over the entire algorithm in that manner
is lost on me, and obviously on him, too: he didn't get his code working
in three weeks.

Regards,
Tim