POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh what joy! : Re: Erasure Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Erasure
From: scott
Date: 27 Jun 2008 08:43:54
Message: <4864e08a$1@news.povray.org>
>> Most people in my street make fires daily in the winter that are hot
>> enough to burn tree stumps.  You just need to start off with some paper,
>
> No you don't, the cover of right wood (what's koivu in English?) is
> usually a lot easier to use than paper (it starts to burn as easily, but
> it burns with higher temperature). Or...
>
>> then thin bits of dry wood, then bigger bits of wood, until it gets hot
>> enough to put on whole pieces of tree.
>
> ...if you have thin enough bits of really dry wood, just use them.

Maybe you misunderstood, I start with paper just because it's easy to ignite
with a match (plus it saves filling up the paper bin!).  I make a nice
stack, starting with paper and cardboard at the bottom, then gradually
bigger and bigger bits of wood on the stack.  Then all I need to do is
ignite the paper at the bottom with a match for 2 seconds, and 5 minutes
later the whole lot is always burning very well.