POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh what joy! : Re: Erasure Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:13:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Erasure
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 27 Jun 2008 07:44:59
Message: <4864d2bb@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Most people in my street make fires daily in the winter that are hot
> enough to burn tree stumps.  You just need to start off with some paper,

No you don't, the cover of right wood (what's koivu in English?) is
usually a lot easier to use than paper (it starts to burn as easily, but
it burns with higher temperature). Or...

> then thin bits of dry wood, then bigger bits of wood, until it gets hot
> enough to put on whole pieces of tree.

...if you have thin enough bits of really dry wood, just use them.
They'll ignite pretty nicely and have warm enough flame to ignite
another bits of dry wood.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net