POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Stargate Glyphs : Re: Stargate Glyphs Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:45:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stargate Glyphs
From: Chris B
Date: 27 Jun 2008 04:10:09
Message: <4864a061@news.povray.org>
"Mike Sobers" <mcn### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> when I download it I get a ".zip file
> is corrupt" error.  Can you post it unzipped?  I'd like to compare your
> prism
> version versus the heightfield version I did.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Here are the POV-Ray prism and SVG files unzipped. I still don't know quite
what went wrong with the zip.

Your height fields benefit from a smooth edge whereas the prisms leave a
very sharp.
I notice that converting your images from png to jpeg brings your images
down to about a quarter their size. Although jpeg is lossy it doesn't seem
to be detrimental to the result.

I also noticed that the two sets of glyphs differ slightly in their outlines
I don't know which is most authentic or even whether there's any consistency
in the TV shows and films.

Regards,
Chris B.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Stargate.pov.txt' (6 KB) Download 'StargateGlyphs2.pov.txt' (163 KB) Download 'StargateGlyphs2.svg.txt' (36 KB)