POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : License agreements : Re: License agreements Server Time
10 Oct 2024 13:13:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: License agreements
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 26 Jun 2008 17:26:15
Message: <48640977@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Sabrina Kilian wrote:
>  > You have the working version of the software,
>> and still have to agree to the license before using it.
>
> It's not working before you install it and click through. That's the
> point. You agree with the license in order to get to the login screen.
> You can get up to the point where you read the license agreement as
> often as you want without the seller having any ability to legally stop
> you from doing that.

I don't know where the license Invisible copied was located. If it was
on the CD during the installer, then it's binding because you agree to
it before the program is actually running. If it's a slip of paper, AND
the CD installs without you clicking anything suggesting that you agree
to the license, then contract law would hold trump.

Myself, I would probably email the software creator and ask them
something along the lines of 'WTF is up with this license?' and continue
to use the software I paid for. But, companies are strange critters with
their own team of lawyers, and it's probably safer if it's being used on
the job to turn over the license to them and let them handle things.