POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh what joy! : Oh what joy! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Oh what joy!
From: Invisible
Date: 26 Jun 2008 11:45:39
Message: <4863b9a3@news.povray.org>
"Hey Andrew, those harddrives that are left over there, can you arrange
for somebody to come and take them away? I mean, we can't just leave
them there. Even if they're been erased, you can still get the data off
them if you want to."

Uh... like, WTF?

I mean, sure, if you take the drive apart and crawl over it with a
microscope, you can recover data. But who the **** is going to bother?
It's not like you could recover any particularly valuable data.

(Personally, I think my boss honestly believes that you can take an
erased harddrive and just plug it in and type "undelete" and all the
data will come back. It doesn't work like that...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/