POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : About sounds in space in movies : Re: About sounds in space in movies Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About sounds in space in movies
From: scott
Date: 26 Jun 2008 03:49:35
Message: <48634a0f$1@news.povray.org>
>  If they are inside an establishment and the camera is outside, filming
> them through a window, you expect not to hear what they are saying?

Depends on what the shot is trying to achieve.  Both possibilities are used
a lot in actual movies.

A short 2 second shot from outside with audio from inside is used to show
the viewers where the subjects are, followed immediately by a shot inside
the building.  The other option is to have the audio from outside, usually
this type of shot lasts longer and is used to emphasise that what is going
on inside isn't known to the outside, or vice-versa.  Or it might be used to
emphasise that some very loud noise from inside is audible from outside.  Or
to show how peaceful it is outside compared to inside, or vice-versa.  I'm
sure there's more purposes too.