POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : About sounds in space in movies : Re: About sounds in space in movies Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About sounds in space in movies
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 24 Jun 2008 12:45:21
Message: <486124a1$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Everybody knows that there's no sound in space, and everybody knows that
> the vast majority of scifi movies get this wrong and present sounds audible
> in space, which is physically impossible, and thus an inaccuracy.

	Reminds me of a certain commentary regarding Star Trek:

"When the Enterprise is struck by some sort of weapon, you often see
people like Sulu, etc. falling out of their chairs. One would think the
designers of the Enterprise would had heard of seat belts..."

--
It is kisstomary to cuss the bride.

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl