POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : About sounds in space in movies : Re: About sounds in space in movies Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About sounds in space in movies
From: m a r c
Date: 24 Jun 2008 11:05:35
Message: <48610d3f@news.povray.org>

48610211$1@news.povray.org...
.

> Music doesn't do this, because there's music constantly throughout the
> movie, so I already disassociate it with the physical location of the
> shot.

Music does not do that because it is the more often not 'in situation'
though I remember some gags, specially in Mel Brooks movies...(Blazing
Saddles?) .
As (did not) said Gilles  the London Philharmonic is obviousely not flying
in space.
so the part of your mind which sorts believable things and unbelievable
things has already classified music as off-topic.
Sound effects are performed a 'in situ' which is a nonono in space for some
people.
I don't really care. What makes me more trouble is seeing spacecrafts flying
like aircrafts!
I can accept it for epic space battles (we read faster what our brain is
trained to see )  but not  a space shuttle (a today's craft) obviousely out
of range (shuttle is designed for low orbit. you could launch it beyond with
a more powerfull launcher but just why a shuttle?) just stopping propulsion
and gently "slowing down" (i.e. getting a null relative velocity with a
comet rushing at 40000 m/s ... LOL)

Marc