POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : About sounds in space in movies : Re: About sounds in space in movies Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About sounds in space in movies
From: somebody
Date: 23 Jun 2008 23:37:34
Message: <48606bfe$1@news.povray.org>
news:48601ac1@news.povray.org...

>   Movies which have sound in space are simply sticking to the movie
> convention that the soundtrack is that which is perceived by the subject
> being filmed, not that which is perceived by the camera (which doesn't
> really "exist" in that reality).

Agreed. Nobody seems to object to the "camera" (in one of the very few
movies which got the sound "right") outside Discovery One filming the action
(manned by the 6th crew member I suppose) but everyone who's had some high
school physics feels the need to show it off by focusing on the physical
impossibility of the "microphone".