POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Projectors : Re: Projectors Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Projectors
From: scott
Date: 23 Jun 2008 10:37:30
Message: <485fb52a@news.povray.org>
>> - Size
>> - Contrast ratio
>> - Noise level
>> - Lamp lifetime
>> - Colours saturation
>> - Number and type of inputs
>> - Fancy extras like auto-focus, auto-keystone, USB/LAN control etc.
>> - Can it be used upside down (for ceiling mount)?
>
> Contrast and lamp lifetime [and cost!] seem important. None of the rest
> seem especially important for what I need.

Noise?  There's nothing worse than trying to listen to somebody or watch
something and have the horrible loud buzz of a projector in the background.

> What's auto-keystone?

Makes the image look square on the wall/screen, even if the optical axis of
the projector is not exactly perpendicular to it (good if the projector is
portable, not much use if it is going to be fixed).