POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 10 things to use a Min Heap for : Re: 10 things to use a Min Heap for Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:12:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 10 things to use a Min Heap for
From: Doctor John
Date: 23 Jun 2008 05:15:27
Message: <485f69af@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> I wouldn't work in London if you *paid* me for it! :-P
>>>
>> ...and what's wrong with London?
>
> Heh. Where to start?
>
> It's old, dirty, overcrowded, expensive, and it looks like the decaying
> ruins of a fallen civilisation. What's to like?

Woah, there! Be careful of what you speak!
I agree that London's old - that means it's got over 2000 years of
history behind it and that is fascinating in itself. I've lived here
most of my life and I'm still finding new places to visit.
Dirty? Only in the same way that many large cities are dirty. We have a
problem with clearing litter especially in the main tourist
thoroughfares but part of that is down to the tourists themselves;
residential areas are a totally different ballgame.
Overcrowded? Less than 8M people in an urban area that is 32km north to
south and 50km west to east. That is _not_ crowded.
Expensive? I'll give you that. We are the second most expensive in the
world (after Moscow). Of course that means that salaries have to be
commensurately higher to compensate :-)
Your final comment I will treat with the contempt it deserves. If you
had travelled on any scale you would have encountered many places that
would scare the s**t out of you and cause you to seek immediate medical
attention for the multiple infections you would be scared you had caught
whilst visiting them. London is not one of them.
I liked meeting you, Andrew, but please don't lower my opinion of you by
ill-informed mocking of a city that I love.

John (feeling well p***ed-off)

finished," then he sat down.