POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Walking system revisited : Walking system revisited Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Walking system revisited
From: Rune
Date: 21 Jun 2008 20:58:07
Message: <485da39f@news.povray.org>
I haven't been following the POV-Ray groups lately, but I'm having a spare
moment and thought I'd drop by and say hello again. :)

Things are progressing nicely with my Locomotion System which I'm writing my
master thesis about. The latest interactive demo can be seen here:
http://runevision.com/blog/2008/06/3-new-features_22.html
Compare with the walking system for POV-Ray that I worked on back in 2001:
http://runevision.com/blog/2008/03/my-old-walking-system.html
What I'm doing now is really what I dreamed about doing back then; however
the features in POV-Ray just don't lend themselves to building advanced
animation technology on top of it so I got kind of stuck back then. Now,
with a game engine that supports skinned characters with skeletal animation,
animation blending and whatnot, as well as import of keyframed animation,
progress is going rather fast.
Nevertheless, I got the original idea while working with POV-Ray.

As for my trip in February to the Game Developers Conference in San
Francisco, it went really well too. It's a great city, the conference was
really great too (and *huge*) and we even got quite a bit of interest and
attention about our game Flipside. It has appeared in a number of gaming
magazines in various countries and just recently, a video interview have
been put online with me and one of the co-developers on the game. So have a
look if you want to see me speak English with horrible pronunciation:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/flipside/news/noesis-presents-modtv-flipside-interview
Generally, language did not turn out to be a problem though...

I see that things are the same old here... Threads started by Andrew seem to
be approaching 50%, hmm. :P

Gotta get some sleep now.

Rune
--