POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Have a laugh : Re: Have a laugh Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Have a laugh
From: Warp
Date: 20 Jun 2008 08:33:19
Message: <485ba38e@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Actually, I wonder. They call them "pins", but just how strong are they?
> Couldn't you open the lock just by breaking all the pins?

  Depends on the quality and width of the pins. There are, in fact, locks
(even on the main doors of houses at some places) which can be broken by
simply turning then with enough force. A friend of mine who has lived in
Vancouver says that most locks there were of that type. They were completely
insecure. You could open a door by simply turning the knob with enough
force.

  More high-quality pin locks cannot be broken so easily, but they are
still so easy to lockpick that it's better to use a safer design (for
example a disc tumbler lock, which is common here, and which is extremely
hard to lockpick, and while not impossible, requires very sophisticated
tools).

--
                                                          - Warp