POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Do you recognise any of these phrases? : Re: Do you recognise any of these phrases? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do you recognise any of these phrases?
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 20 Jun 2008 07:40:47
Message: <485b973f$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> "Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
>> I read somewhere (I forget where... probably online) that the Kessel Run
>> was a series of deliveries / pickups on a moving convoy, and that the
>> 'parsecs' in the quote refer to how far the convoy had travelled by the
>> time the whole run was finished.
>
> It's a smuggling run. It cuts very near to a cluster of black holes (1). The
> faster your ship, the closer you can go to the black holes without getting
> trapped.
> It's a smuggler's boast to say how short he can make the Kessel run. See
> above link.

Having read this version more thoroughly, I don't think it's the same
definition that I heard before (this would have been at least 10 years
ago, maybe longer). Interesting, especially since the one you describe
is obviously now canon (it's even in Wikipedia).

StarWars quotes that sound better after replacing a single word with
'pants', no 12:
"Governor Tarkin. I recognized your foul pants when I first came on board."

(probably works better for the UK definition of 'pants')