POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 10 things to use a Min Heap for : Re: 10 things to use a Min Heap for Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 10 things to use a Min Heap for
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Jun 2008 16:26:29
Message: <485ac0f5@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Huffman coding is one of those algorithms that seems delightfully
> "obvious" after you've been told the algorithm. No doubt it seemed
> highly non-obvious before anybody thought of it. ;-)

That's kind of what I was saying.

> Nah. Teaching requires social skills, not to mention a truly heroic
> level of self-confidence. I possess neither.

Note that "teaching" and "tutoring" are two separate things. To tutor,
you don't really need to be organized or deal with behavior problems in
the students or anything. You're doing pure teaching stuff, helping kids
learn what other teachers have already decided they should learn.

> I do enjoy writing about such things... but it never seems to generate
> much of a reaction. I guess I'm the only person who cares. :-(

Count the responses to your post.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: