POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 10 things to use a Min Heap for : Re: 10 things to use a Min Heap for Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:15:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 10 things to use a Min Heap for
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Jun 2008 05:08:18
Message: <485a2202$1@news.povray.org>
>> A Huffman code is a similarly straight-forward idea.
>
> Tell that to Huffman. ;-)

Huffman coding is one of those algorithms that seems delightfully
"obvious" after you've been told the algorithm. No doubt it seemed
highly non-obvious before anybody thought of it. ;-)

> Seriously, put together some essays and/or whitepapers about this stuff,
> explaining it. You might be able to get a job teaching, or find a
> publisher who will pay you to write a book.  If you can write clearly
> enough to teach complex stuff like this to youngsters, you can have a
> pretty good career.
>
> If nothing else, go to your local high-school and ask them if anyone
> needs tutoring in computer programming.

Nah. Teaching requires social skills, not to mention a truly heroic
level of self-confidence. I possess neither.

I do enjoy writing about such things... but it never seems to generate
much of a reaction. I guess I'm the only person who cares. :-(

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/