POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Have a laugh : Re: Have a laugh Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Have a laugh
From: andrel
Date: 23 Jun 2008 13:46:27
Message: <485FE1A8.2020401@hotmail.com>
Invisible wrote:
> scott wrote:
>
>> Locks can be designed to be opened by two different keys (usually a
>> unique key and a master key common to several locks).
>
> Really? Hmm... sounds physically implausible to me, but OK.

The keys in my hospital have at least three levels.
I can open my door. There is a master for the floor and there is one
that opens all doors (and possibly even a level in between). I think you
can also have more than one master per lock. Then if more than one
department is on one floor, each department can have a master key and
the cleaners have one for the floor. Also if the department is split on
two floors...
And they are all mechanical. The master keys have one extra groove, I
don't know about the general master.