POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yes, that time : Re: Yes, that time Server Time
8 Sep 2024 17:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yes, that time
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Jun 2008 22:02:52
Message: <4859be4c@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>> Now, I'll grant that making movie references (like to the Wicked
>> Witch), I discounted that you're in a foreign country and maybe they
>> don't show that classic amazingly famous movie on TV every single
>> year. But it *is* classic *and* amazingly famous.
>
> And it is also a movie that I really, really hate.

So you've seen it, but you don't think you'd recognise the music to it?
And if person A called person B a "wicked witch of the west", you
wouldn't know what they're talking about?

(FWIW, American Film Institute (the folks who bring you the Oscars) had
a show yesterday of the top-10-top-10 movies. Wizard of Oz was the #1
fantasy movie of all times. So, yeah, it's part of the culture, I'd
think. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: