POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yes, that time : Re: Yes, that time Server Time
8 Sep 2024 17:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yes, that time
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Jun 2008 19:28:29
Message: <48599a1d$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 18:54:51 -0700, Darren New wrote:
>
>> It's like Stan Lee's cameo as a panhandler/beggar in Spider Man. It's
>> funnier if you know it's Stan Lee[1].  It's doubly funnier if you know
>> he didn't, due to contractual bits, get any royalties from the movie.
>
> He seems to do a lot of those in the Marvel Comics' movies.  I think he's
> been in each one of them, in fact.

It's in his contract, actually. They're obligated to put him in each movie.

> Had a good laugh when he turned up in Iron Man, ostensibly as Hugh
> Heffner.  Of course, he was credited in the credits as playing "himself".

Yeah. Or the one in the Silver Surfer movie, where they don't let him
into the wedding because he doesn't have an invitation, and he's all
"But I'm Stan Lee!"

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: