POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 26 is a no go : Beta 26 is a no go Server Time
2 May 2024 17:09:04 EDT (-0400)
  Beta 26 is a no go
From: Alain
Date: 18 Jun 2008 17:36:33
Message: <48597fe1$1@news.povray.org>
I can't render any file with the current beta.
Previously, I ran the beta versions in a beta subfolder under the bin folder. It
no longer works.
I did the following after failing to render with my previous settings:
Created a copy of the regular installation in a new folder.
Copyed the original content of the regular installation into the new folder.
Extracted the beta into the bin folder as the instruction seems to indicate.
Can't render.
Exit the beta. Purged the registry from the previous entries. Restart. A message
tels me that the migration was successfull. Still can't render any scene.
I first get this message when starting POV-Ray: WARNING : Cannot find COLORS.INC
in expected location.
If I try to render a scene, I get the following message:
Failed to set render options (I/O restriction settings prohibit access to file)

OS is Windows XP
Beta 25 was working flawlessly.

--
Alain
For here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead.