POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 10 things to use a Min Heap for : Re: 10 things to use a Min Heap for Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 10 things to use a Min Heap for
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Jun 2008 09:23:47
Message: <48590c63$1@news.povray.org>
>> They've sent me a couple of messages telling me I'm "ideal" to work
>> for HMGCC. ("HMG" as in "Her Majesty's Government". Scary shit, right
>> there!)
>
> I would have thought so too, I had a couple of friends that seemed to
> posses the same skills and interests that you do, and they got jobs
> there.  The pay isn't that great, but it would be good experience.

Heh. When I went to that job interview a few weeks back, the guy said "I
don't think you belong in a commercial enterprise. I think you would be
better as a research associate at a university somewhere." Yeah, cos
research is what I do best...? Wait, WTF? o_O

I'm not too sure about HMGCC. The whole "you will be cleared to a high
level of security clearance" think kinda freaks me out in that whole Big
Brother type way. o_O

Plus, all their software development stuff clearly says all over it
"prior experience of developing large-scale applications is an absolute
requirement". So I guess I fail, right there.

>> Pfft. It's all stuff that's readily available on Wikipedia. And it's
>> not exactly "complicated".
>
> Not to you maybe, but it would be to lots of "IT" people I know.  Just
> believe me, it's not normal for someone working in IT (and I don't mean
> software development) to know about half the stuff you post about (and
> seem to understand).

Hmm. Tell me something - all that stuff I just posted? Does it make any
semblance of comprehensible sense?

To *me* it makes sense, but then *I* wrote it. And I'm aware that often
an expert will try to explain something and completely forget some vital
item of information that the audience doesn't have but is so "obvious"
to the expert that they forget to mention it...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/