POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yes, that time : Re: Yes, that time Server Time
8 Sep 2024 09:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yes, that time
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Jun 2008 21:38:57
Message: <48586731@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> "Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote in message
>> For example, in the Jet Li / Jackie Chan movie that just came out, the
>> story is related to a major cultural story involving someone traveling
>> from China to India. I'd learned about it in school, as did my Chinese
>> wife, so we both knew the background of the characters and such, which
>> made it a more enjoyable movie.
>
> Interesting. I didn't know that. Got a link/reference that I can look up?

I *believe* this is the monkey king of the movie:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanuman

Altho the story they tell there is different from what I remember
hearing, and I can't seem to easily find references to what I remember
hearing.

This is another link to something like it:
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/travelstories/article/monkeyingaroundinchina_1206/
The start of the monkey king's journey to the west (i.e., into India) is
where the movie itself basically ends. This describes much more like the
story I remember, with the staff and golden headband.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: