POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Do you recognise any of these phrases? : Re: Do you recognise any of these phrases? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do you recognise any of these phrases?
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Jun 2008 16:45:50
Message: <4858227e$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   They don't realize that's exactly as silly as saying "we are miles ahead
> of our competitors",

That's not that bad, if you're talking about racing. It's just ...
sloppier. You could say "We're years ahead" and imply that it would take
the competition years to catch up.  But you can say "We're miles ahead"
and imply you're well ahead of the competition without actually
committing to how *much* ahead you are. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: