POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yes, that time : Re: Yes, that time Server Time
8 Sep 2024 03:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yes, that time
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Jun 2008 14:47:16
Message: <485806b4@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Monty Python references seem far more common - although perhaps that
> says something about the strange people I hang around with...

While true, such references are usually not used to communicate
something complex in a quick way, I'd guess.  As in, when people say
"It's only a flesh wound", they're really not saying "It's actually an
awful mortal wound, but I'm so dedicated to my cause I'm going to ignore
it." Instead, they really mean "it's only a flesh wound."

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: