POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yes, that time : Re: Yes, that time Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:13:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yes, that time
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Jun 2008 08:21:23
Message: <4857ac43@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   But the touchscreen in the iPhone is just amazing. It's not just a
> touchscreen, it's a multitouchscreen. For example, you can zoom and rotate
> images (or webpages or maps or...) by using two fingers, etc. Now do that
> with your 12-key keyboard. ;)
>
>   Also the scrolling is just cool. (After having using the scrolling feature
> in the iPhone, any other non-touchscreen phone will feel almost completely
> unusable...)

Ooo... so we have smudges and smeres as opposed to just finger prints?
Neat! :-D

Again, my sat nav allows you to scroll like this - but it's very
unpredictable. It doesn't "respond" very well to the touches you're
trying to make. I don't know why. Also, it's very hard to *slide* warm,
sticky fingers over a plastic surface in a smooth motion.

Still, at least it sounds like Apple actually thought about useful ways
to use a touchscreen rather than just throwing on in there to be contrary...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/