POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mencoder question : Re: Not Mencoder then Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not Mencoder then
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Jun 2008 07:53:21
Message: <4857a5b1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> Do you have any idea how I can get this effect?
> Frame_01 displayed for 2 seconds
> Frame_02 to Frame_100 standard animation.
>
> Without rendering Frame_01 X times? Or copying it and renaming it as a
> sequence.

Actually, in this instance, you may possibly be better off using
AVIsynth. It seems more geared to this kind of editing.

Write an AVIsynth script that produces the correct animation, and then
have VirtualDub open the script file as if it were a normal AVI file,
and save the result to a *real* AVI file.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/