POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mencoder question : Re: Not Mencoder then Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not Mencoder then
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Jun 2008 07:43:38
Message: <4857a36a$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> Do you have any idea how I can get this effect?
> Frame_01 displayed for 2 seconds
> Frame_02 to Frame_100 standard animation.
>
> Without rendering Frame_01 X times? Or copying it and renaming it as a
> sequence.

Hmm, tricky... Start reading here:

http://www.virtualdub.org/docs/vdscript.txt

You might be able to do something with VirtualDub.Append(), but I'm not
sure you can open a single frame by itself unless it's named something
different from the rest of the sequence. E.g., you might be able to do

   VirtualDub.Open("Fr_01.png");
   VirtualDub.Append("Fr_01.png");
   VirtualDub.Append("Fr_01.png");
   VirtualDub.Append("Fr_01.png");